Trying Something New!


Hi friends! I found out about an initiative called Plastic Free July while attending a conservation class at the Seattle Aquarium and decided to take the plunge! In two weeks, I’ll start one whole month of avoiding single-use plastics. In addition, I’ll be writing about my successes, failures, and challenges along the way. I plan to make weekly updates, and then after the month of July start posting bi-weekly about the ocean as well as conservation topics. Please consider taking the pledge yourself – you can start small like cutting out use of plastic utensils or committing to your reusable water bottles and coffee cups. Also please feel free to join the conversation and share! I’ve been casually interested in ocean conservation for basically my whole life, but am just starting to deep dive into this stuff, so I’ll be learning along with everyone else. Next week I’ll post my first full entry, and then it’ll be July! (Where does the time go?) Looking forward to taking this journey for a #plasticfreejuly with you

Comments

  1. Hey Megan! I love all of this! Ava and I are joining you for a #plasticfreejuly. In June we stopped using straws and used our reusable shopping bags only. We will give up our single use plastic bags for July. Thank you for the motivation. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so awesome to hear! Thanks for joining along :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One Week to Go!

Plastic Free July Kickoff!

Plastic Free July Weeks 2 & 3